Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Moon – It’s Stronger than I Thought

The strongest planet in my natal chart is Pluto, and fortunately, it’s pretty well aspected forming a grand trine with the Moon and Mid-heaven. My Moon however opposes Uranus and the North Node.
In a horoscope, the Moon represents cultural and ancestral aspects that shape our instinctive behavior. Because such feelings spring from the unconscious mind, they have a connection to past lives and early cultural conditioning (related to the Moon's matriarchal or nurturing influence, that in early years leaves a deep impression on our subconscious). The Moon is considered female and is strongly associated with fertility and intuitive feelings. Receptive and intuitive people often have a strong Moon placement. The Moon also symbolizes the home, the family, and the mother. It also reflects the horoscope bearer's resonance-the way a person's feelings vibrate with themselves and others. There is an old saying that refers to a person with an excellent Moon as being well received. In physical terms, the Moon is often associated with body fluids, the stomach, and memory. In the zodiac, the Moon is attached to Cancer.
With my natal Moon in opposition to Uranus, I can be rather unpredictable, detached one moment and friendly the next. A greater emphasis is placed on freedom as the Moon is in Sagittarius (5th house). Because I also have a heavy Saturn in my chart, I tend towards being a recluse, which the Moon-Uranus energy does not like leading to various tensions and very unusual illnesses.
People with a Moon Uranus opposition seem to fall into emotional triangles and have an aversion to being involved with certain groups or individuals who might make demands that infringe upon their personal freedom--and I really relate to this energy. Add to this the North Node indicating a contrast between my feelings and my soul's purpose. This struggle can result in an over-sensitive reaction to others and an inability to efficiently organize one’s life. Perhaps because of this, I’ve found myself developing special talents to make a disciplined, well-organized, and concentrated effort in specialized and rather esoteric areas. I have to say that I’m not discouraged by the absence of any recognition for my ambitious undertakings, partly due to my preference for isolation.
As an aside, I’ve noticed that a lot of Astrologers have either oppositions or trines from a primary planet, such as the Sun or Moon, to Uranus.
All this brings me to the focus of this entry—I’m having a rather long transit Uranus squaring my natal Moon. If I’ve developed the necessary growth from the lessons of my Moon-Uranus placement in my birth chart, this transit should not really affect me. I think it is affecting me more than I would like, but not as bad as it could be. I seem to have done well in certain areas, but not in others. I am being confronted with numerous problems that is making me rather tense, so I guess I need to get back into some t'ai chi or certain forms of meditation to address my nervous tension.


No comments: