Monday, August 20, 2007

Anxiety

I’m in a long process of re-landscaping my front and rear yards and one of the projects I’m trying to complete is to lay some artificial turf, of the putting green kind. I managed to order some turf at a fantastic price, but it meant I had to raise the height of the area by an inch and a half. Anyway, after a day of moving and leveling a cubic yard of sand I was outside watering the plants and my neighbor who is 92 years of age came out for a chat.
This guy is incredibly nice, and he has been suffering some medical problems of late that required two hospital stays. I had already sensed some of his problems and one additional problem seems that he has a lot of anxiety. He was mentioning that he has no hope, nothing to look forward to. In a light hearted manner I responded that the older we get we really don’t need hope so much, but what we need to look forward to is comfort—whether it is some form of entertainment, a trip, enjoying someone’s company or food.
He found this philosophy somewhat amusing yet he agreed that this was better. I don’t have his horoscope chart to examine, but I know he has a Libra Sun. The anxiety or worry factor in a person’s chart can be depicted in a number of ways. One of the more striking factors is for those with Virgo, Cancer, 4th or 6th house planets. Some of this can be alleviated with a strong Jupiter or fire element (especially Leo, Sagittarius, and Aries trines).
So with my handle of "Loaded4th" I’m a candidate for anxiety. However, I’m fortunate that I have a grand fire trine, which allows me to bounce back very quickly. In my study of Metaphysics, I read a lot Silver Birch and Seth Speaks books. One of the more interesting lines by Silver Birch was that perfect faith allows an individual to rise above any trouble -- this would (symbolically) be performed by facing the Sun (an emblem of the Collective Spirit) and say:
"I am a part of the Collective Spirit. I am indestructible. I am eternal. I am infinite. That which is finite and part of the world of matter cannot touch me."

You can read my metaphysical reference at
http://www.radioastrology.com/MRB/contenta.htm
Farley Malorrus has some radio topics on Silver Birch at:
http://www.radioastrology.com
So what makes me so painstaking, conscientious, and profound about my work (including the yard), well, some of it is due to a Sun-Saturn-Pluto-Ascendant combination.

No comments: