Sunday, March 23, 2008

Lonely Boy

During my early teens I remember a song that was one of my favorites. It was called Lonely Boy by Paul Anka. I guess because I had a karmic lesson of learning self love and self esteem, I suffered a lot of rejection as a child. At the time this particular song had a big impact on me because I did feel so lonely and always had an intense desire to give and receive love.
What took me a long time to learn this lesson was that I did not get into Astrology and Metaphysics until my mid-thirties. Now, the song Lonely Boy, has a new meaning with regard to the line:
"But all I want is someone to love"
That someone is primarily myself (spiritually), and that enabled me to love others. As I’ve mentioned in other posts, I have Saturn rising square my Sun, a heavy karmic aspect requiring that I learn the lesson of self-love. There are quite a few planetary placements that can indicate low self-esteem or self-love, such as afflicted planets in the first house, or an afflicted Sun. Also, planetary combinations that indicate emotional wounding, unfulfilled desires, and a tendency towards anxiety can also reveal a low self-esteem.
Perfect faith in oneself allows an individual to rise above any trouble.
I don’t think we easily perfect our lessons, and if I do get anxious I try to rise above it by facing the Sun (an emblem of the Collective Spirit) and say:
"I am a part of the Collective Spirit. I am indestructible. I am eternal. I am infinite. That which is finite and part of the world of matter cannot touch me."


No comments: